|Description||1) Eastern Steam Navigation Company. Copy of specification of ship, nd.|
2) Otis Tufts. Specification of 'A certain new and useful mode of building or constructing either the hulls or decks or both as the case may require of ships, boats, and various other sailing or floating vessels made of iron or other suitable metal or metals.' 1845.
3) Two lists: one of deck planking, one of plates to order.
4) Table headed 'Material' listing weights and prices of the materials required for various parts of the ship, including wood, (yellow pine and teak) screws, and bolts and list headed 'Cost of material', nd.
5) 'Method of forming sheers, and removing a mainmast by means of the two topmasts'. 1 litho plate.
6) 'Patterns of frets and friezes'. Litho sheet from Frederick Braby, perforator of metal and manufacture of zinc sash-bars. nd.
7) 'Messrs John Penn and Son's patent direct acting engines...as applied to HM screw ships 'Arrogant' and 'Encounter'. printed litho plate from the 'Artizan', 1830
8) Various ships. 1 litho sheet showing midship sections of various ships. nd.